What should you do when you are in your way of getting lawfully sued? Consider a scenario in which an individual is injured as a result of your negligence and irresponsibility. After calling attorneys Zervos & Calta,the first thing that you must know is that you do not need to panic or seek out ways to escape this because that you cannot do. This would only make this bad situation worse,so how can I be compensated if an accident was my fault?
There are several things that you can do to protect your financial and legal interests. Your insurance carrier would pay for your medical coverages and wage loss. Regardless of your standing,which can be either be a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim,there are certain things that you can do. A free consultation with your attorney is something that must be done.
What to do if an accident is my fault?
Let us briefly discuss the things you can possibly do when the accident was your fault. You must not think about can I be compensated if an accident was my fault as your insurance would cover certain things for you. The first thing that you should and you must do is contact the police. This is recommended for an apparent reason. It is that when the police are contacted,they would cover the scene and take statements from the witnesses.
This is recommended so that the story of the accident cannot be exaggerated later on. Let’s delineate what else you can do.
1. It would help if you always co-operate with and not get in the way of emergency responders. If you would poke a nose there,it would just make you the bad man.
2. You should have all the information about the people (if any) were involved in the accident. If it is a car accident,then you would have to note down the insurance information of all the people involved.
3. It would help if you photographed the area and the injuries that are caused. This would prevent the future exaggeration of the scene.
4. You must contact your automobile insurance company and file any claim that might be applicable to offer coverage for the accident
5. In case you’ve been sued,you should contact your personal injury attorney,zervosinjurylaw.com,if the insurance company is not helpful. The attorney would protect your rights and guide you through the process.
You must never leave the scene of the accident and stop your vehicle right in the place of accident (if the vehicle is involved). You should not panic and throw away pieces of evidence. The last thing to be kept in mind is that you should never discuss the accident with anyone as it would just represent you in a corrupt manner and exaggerate the case.